Sunday, April 19, 2009

Breckinridge Scott

Location:Vostok Station, Antarctica

Today I met Mr. Scott, he was somewhat wise along with being extremely crude. He was the creator, or one of the creators, of the vaccine called Phalanx. The drug does cure rabies, the only problem was that people were lead to believe that becoming a zombie was getting African rabies. I say he was crude mainly because of the language he used, saying f-this, f-ing that, etc. He also made millions of dollars by giving misleading advertising for his vaccine. There are a few things though that I realized like that he created a vaccine for rabies, overall its a good accomplishment, but the timing and reasons for it were the true down side. One other thing I realized with this interview is something he said his history professor said, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe". This truly changed, in my sight, his reasoning for creating his scam, he created some hope in people.

1 comment:

Timmy Mourikes said...

This blog was very interesting. I agree that he did use lots of rude word. He said them like every two sentences. I als agree itis a good accomplishment for a vaccine for rabies but the timing and reasons were a down side. That caused the Great Panic!!!